Saturday, March 22, 2008

Easy Pizza Dough

This is my favorite and easiest pizza dough recipe.

Ingredients
1 package active dry yeast
1 cup warm water (105 to 115 degrees)
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons olive oil or canola oil
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt

Instructions
Disolve yeast in warm water in medium bowl. Stir in remaining ingredients. Beat vigorously until all the flour is mixed in. Let rest for 5 minutes. Spread dough out on a greased pan.

I often double the recipe for a thicker pizza. I cook it on a big cookie sheet. Here is what I do with the dough. I let it sit or rise for about a half hour or so. I bake the dough by its self at 350 degrees for 7-10 minutes (until lightly browned). Then I add the sauce and toppings. I cook it for another 10 or so minutes. Pull it out of the oven and we have a wonderful homemade pizza just the way we like it!!


1 comments:

Karen @Snakes-Snails-Puppydogtails said...

This is a SUPER YUMMY pizza dough... even Bryan loves it!! Thanks