Thursday, April 3, 2008

Lori's Granola Bars

How about a snack?

These granola bars are SUPER easy and my guys LOVE them! They are perfect for ski trips or baseball/soccer practice!


Ingredients

1 stick butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 cups instant rolled oats
1/4 cup pancake syrup



Preparation

Melt butter in a microwave safe pan (approx. 8x8). Mix in sugar, syrup and oats. Microwave until bubbly. (It takes 5 minutes on high in my microwave.) If you like them soft take out sooner than later! Also, you will need to cut them before they set, but not immediately after removing from microwave.

This is what they look like uncut... straight from the microwave.










My sister added raisins and used honey instead of syrup. She said it worked great. I tried Chocolate chips and they didn't work... but I think it would if I practiced on it more!
It may take some practice to get them just like you like them!

0 comments: