Sunday, May 25, 2008

South Beach eggs on the go!


So these are my South Beach breakfast favorite!
They are similar to a quiche and I don't know WHY I didn't do it before now! This recipe is similar to the one in the South Beach book, but I didn't like theirs.
1 cup 2% or fat free shredded cheese
1/2 cup meat (either cooked sausage or shredded Ham - low fat)
6 eggs
1/4 cup milk
Crack open the eggs in a bowl add in milk, salt, and pepper. Whisk until well blended. Pour egg into muffin pan filling each 1/2 full. Drop cheese, meat, and veggies into each muffin cup as much as desired. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until knife inserted comes out clean! They store great in the fridge for about 2 days and heat up beautifully for a minute in the microwave. I haven't tried freezing them yet... so let me know if you do how it works! Mix it up ... be creative!

1 comments:

Pegsy said...

Sounds easy and yummy! My kids would love this! We'll have to try it soon.