Saturday, December 6, 2008

Apple dumplings

I wish I could take credit for these beauties, but alas, I can not! I share them here, because, well, they are the absolute easiest thing you could ever make and they are so incredibly addictive, we like to call them "crackovers." I got this recipe from my BFF Dawn over at The domestic goddess. And that she is! So while she'd like to take credit for it too, as you can see by her post, she got it from pioneer woman.

2 Granny Smith apples
2 cans crescent rolls
2 sticks butter
1 1/2 cups sugar (we only used 1 c. sugar)
1 teaspoon vanilla
cinnamon
1 small can (8 oz.) Mountain Dew

Peel and core apples. Cut apples into 8 slices each. Roll each apple slice in a crescent roll. Place in a 9 x 13 buttered pan. Melt butter, then add sugar and barely stir. Add vanilla, stir, and pour over apples. Pour Mountain Dew around the edges of the pan. Sprinkle with cinnamon and bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Serve with ice cream, and spoon some of the sweet sauces from the pan over the top.




Don't blame me if you eat the whole pan by yourself, I told you they were addictive!


3 comments:

Ileana said...

Mmmm... that sounds absolutely scrumptious! I'll have to make those for Christmas Dinner!

Oh,and check out this amazing site this is going to INSPIRE THE WORLD IN 25 DAYS:

www.thegiftrevolution.com

God bless you!

Sinner Saved by Grace,
Ileana

Pegsy said...

These sound so good! I'll have to try them! Did you take that picture too?!

geisme said...

@ Peggy, umm, no, I stole it from my girlfriend who stole it from pioneer woman. But they really are that good & that easy! I put off trying them, because melting the butter, mixing in the sugar- just sounded harder than I wanted to deal with. It so is not!