Sunday, August 15, 2010

Haloumi Salad


This is a salad I discovered the other day at a restaurant so I don't have exact measurements.  I decided to add it today because I made it for lunch. I didn't have green peppers of cucumbers so you won't see that in the salad but it tasted great all the same!!


Mixed Salad leaves
Haloumi Cheese
1/2 Onion thinly sliced into rings
Cucumber
1 green pepper cut into rings
Peppadews
Bacon cut into thin strips grilled / fried till crispy
Macadamia nuts
Almonds
Honey mustard dressing

Method
1. Cut Haloumi Cheese into squares and fry until golden brown, allow excess oil to drip off on a rollertowel
2. Cook bacon until crispy.
3. Slice cucumbers, peppadews, onions, greenpeppers
4. Chop up nuts
5 Arange salad leaves and add rest of ingredients as desired and when ready to serve add dressing.

0 comments: