Sunday, March 16, 2008

Soft Pretzels

Family Camp

Ingredients
2 TBSP dry yeast
1 1/2 cup warm water
1/2 tsp. salt
4 cups bread flour
3/4 cup brown sugar

Preparation
Dissolve yeast in 1 1/2 cups warm water.
Add sugar, salt, and flour.
Knead until smooth and elastic, about 15 minutes.
Let rise for 15 minutes.
Roll dough in long narrow rolls; shape to form pretzel.
Mix 1/2 cup warm water and 1/2 TBSP baking soda.

Dip pretzels into soda mixture.
Place on WELL greased cookie sheet.

Sprinkle with pretzel salt or kosher salt (course).
(Wait until baked to add cinnamon/sugar if wanting sweet pretzels)

Bake in VERY hot oven. (400 - 500 degrees) for 5 - 10 minutes.
Make sure oven is preheated and pans are WELL greased.
Drizzle with melted butter!

Yummy!

1 comments:

Keilah said...

Ok, ok, I'm sorry! You're like the only one who comments on my blog! That's why I comment on yours all the time because if you're anything like me, by the time I finish a blog, it feels like a great accomplishment, and I want some feeback! So thanks for your comments, I like them a lot! And I hope you like mine!
Um....how about an easy recipe for something with hamburger? They like lamb a lot over here, so I actually have "lamburger" in my fridge right now...any suggestions?