Monday, March 17, 2008

Tater Tot Casserole

We have already gotten a request for an easy hamburger meal. Here is the easiest one I could come up with. I sure hope that it is not too easy!

1 pound ground beef or ground turkey (If you like more meat, you could add 1/2 a pound or so. I am cheap so we make due without the extra.)
2 cans of cream of mushroom soup (If you do not like cream of mushroom, cream of chicken works well too.)
1 bag of frozen tater tots

Cook up the meat. Drain the fat. Place meat on the bottom of a 9x13 inch pan. Place the soups in next and stir it around to make sure that all the meat is covered. Smooth the mixture out, so that it is pretty even all around the pan. Next place tater tots in straight rows on top of the meat and soups. (I usually have extra tater tots. I just cook those up seperately and the kids love them.) Bake casserole at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes.

I usually serve this with a side dish of vegetables and some applesauce. My children LOVE this meal.

0 comments: