Thursday, May 8, 2008

Gooey Butter Cake


I'm not sure if I'm even supposed to share this recipe - it's kind of a family secret....so, be sure to snatch this up before I get busted! You will absolutely love this cake! It's sweet, gooey, super rich, and oh, so wonderfully yummy and addictive! Only make this on special occasions or you will gain some weight!

Bottom Layer:
1 yellow boxed cake mix
1/2 c. butter, melted
2 eggs

Mix ingredients and pat into well-greased and floured 9x13 pan. (Or two 8x8's)

Top Layer:
8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
1 lb. (or 4 cups) powdered sugar
2 well beaten eggs

Beat topping ingredients well. You may need to use an electric mixer to get it smooth enough. Spread over bottom layer. Sprinkle with additional powdered sugar.

Bake for 40 min. at 350 degrees. Top will be golden brown and edges will be dark brown when done. Cool and enjoy! My favourite is to keep this cake in the fridge and eat it cold. Mmmmm!

2 comments:

Uncle Rex and Aunt Debbie said...

Busted, Peggy! Not really, I give out the recipe all the time; anyone who samples it usually wants the recipe. Grandpa and Grandma enjoy adding chopped pecans to theirs for those nut lovers out there. And Phillip and I enjoy it cold, also!

GE is me said...

I made this recipe after reading about it on Peggy's blog. It is ALL that she says it is. And very easy to make. Everyone at our bible study group raved about it!
Thanks Peggy!
-Gail