Monday, June 30, 2008

Cheese Meatloaf - Individual ones!

I have to give credit where credit is due... this is one I got from Karen T.
It is not your "normal" meatloaf - Bryan even eats it!



1 lb. ground beef
1 egg
1/2 c. diced onion (1 tsp onion powder)
3/4 c. milk
1 c. shredded cheese
1/2 c. quick oats (instant kind)
1 tsp. salt


Mix all ingredients in a large bowl. Shape into little individual loaves. (8 per pound)
Top each loaf with 2/3 c. ketchup, 1/2 c. brown sugar, 1 1/2 tsp. mustard mixture.
Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.

These freeze great (freeze them uncooked, but shaped into loaves without the topping). Take them out of the freezer.. top with mixture... bake (add a few minutes to the cooking time since they start out frozen)

1 comments:

Copeland's said...

Love your recipes. I "bought" the book, Southbeach diet" - and do like some of the recipes in it. I see you 'kinda' liven them up a bit. I also like that.
Thanks,
Linda

P.S. - I got to your blog from Matt & Jed's wonderful adventure.