Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Cheesy Potato Soup

(as you can tell - I didn't "thinly slice my carrots" but that's how I like them!
This picture was also taken BEFORE adding the cheese.. I forgot to get a pic when it was finished... but trust me YUMMY!)

6 bacon strips, cooked/crumbled

3 cups peeled/cubed potatoes

1 can (14oz) chicken broth

1 small carrot, grated

1/2 cup chopped onion

1 TBSP dried Parsley flakes

1/2 tsp celery seed

1/2 tsp. salt

3 TBSP flour

3 cups milk

8 oz. Velvetta

2 green onions thinly sliced



In saucepan, mix bacon pieces, potatoes, broth, carrot, onion, celery seed, parsley, salt/pepper. Simmer in covered pan until tender (about 15 min). Combine flour and milk until smooth then add to soup. Bring to a boil; then boil for 2 min while stirring. Add cheese and mix until melted. Garnish with green onions.!!

0 comments: