Thursday, October 30, 2008

Easy Taco Bake

Hi, my name is Gail and like Stephanie, I too am a new contributor to Recipeasy, and also honored that the original 4 ladies would even consider letting me join their ranks and share recipes with you. Going with the Mexican theme Stephanie started; this is about the easiest kid-friendly recipe I've ever found. We were searching for pumpkin carving stencils when I found this, so I must give credit where credit is due. I found this on Kraftfoods.com. We tried it this week and it is yummy.
It makes 6- 1 cup servings.

Take 1 pkg. Kraft macaroni & cheese, prepare it as directed on package.(yes, milk & butter)

1 pound ground beef, browned with taco seasoning.

1 cup of salsa, mild, chunky type

Heat oven to 400 degrees. Take an 8 inch sq. baking dish & layer; beef, mac & cheese, then salsa. Bake for 20 minutes. Serve with your favorite steamed veggie and/or salad.

We topped ours with sour cream & hot pepper rings, and also used medium heat salsa. But when it comes to Mexican foods in our house the spicier, the better. The girls even liked it.
I must warn you though, if you are trying to watch your weight, it isn't the most diet friendly recipe out there. I think my girlfriend figured the weight watcher points to be 9 pts./per serving.

0 comments: