Saturday, October 25, 2008

Pumpkin Bread

With fall in full swing and everyone making their annual pilgrimage to the pumpkin patch, it's time to break out the pumpkin recipes! I wanted to share our family favourite. It just wouldn't be Thanksgiving (or Christmas!) without this melt-in-your-mouth pumpkin bread. I hope you'll enjoy it!


4 eggs
2 2/3 cup sugar
2 cups pumpkin
1 cup oil
1/2 cup water
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon ground cloves
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3 1/3 cups flour

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour two loaf pans and set aside. Combine eggs and sugar. Mix well. Add pumpkin, oil and water, blending well. Add dry ingredients and mix till moistened. Fill each loaf pan about half full. Bake for 1 hour. Let cool for 20 minutes before removing from pan. Loosen sides with knife before removing.

3 comments:

Karen @Snakes-Snails-Puppydogtails said...

I was just on here looking for a recipe for that!!! THANK YOU!! What do you think of the changes I've made on here? I just figured out the label cloud.... I'm sooo excited and with no one to share it with... who understands anyway. Bryan thinks I'm crazy!

Emily Jennings said...

I love the new look. And I'm sorry I've been slack...I just FORGET.

Pegsy said...

The new fall looks really nice! I love anything that has to do with pumpkins! It took me a moment to realize what you meant by "label cloud"... It's SO cool!