Friday, November 14, 2008

Crock Pot Chicken Stew

I made this last weekend and we loved it! It was so nice to come home to this comforting meal after battling the crowds at the mall all afternoon! I didn't follow the recipe exactly, so I will write the original recipe with my own additions or comments in parenthesis.

4 medium potatoes, cut bite size (or a few handfuls of baby potatoes)
4 medium carrots, cut bite size (or a few handfuls of baby carrots)
1 1/4 cups chopped onion (about 1 large)
1 1/4 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut bite size (I used up leftover chicken from a roasted chicken - I'd say 2-3 cups)

Layer potato, carrot and onion in a crock pot. Lay chicken on top of veggies.

Now, mix together in a bowl:

2 cups hot water
1 T. chicken bouillon powder (I used a veggie bouillon cube)
1 t. salt
1/4 t. pepper
1/4 t. ground thyme
1/2 t. liquid gravy browner (I did not use this)

Pour over chicken. Cover. Cook on Low for 9-10 hours or on High for 4 1/2-5 hours. Serves 6.

1 comments:

kathy said...

This sounds wonderful, I think I will try this tonight. Thanks for sharing it.