Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Mustard Thyme Grilled Chicken

Facebook has sucked my life away! So I am trying to wean myself from it & get back to bloggy land. This is one of my favorite grilled chicken recipes. I found it on a thyme plant when I worked at Home Depot. Pretty easy to make, the prep is slightly messy- not bad.

Take 4 boneless, skinless & split chicken breasts - coat them well with Dijon mustard. I use a store brand & it is fine.

Take a 1 gal. plastic ziploc bag & mix together 1/2 cup virgin olive oil, 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice & 2 tsp fresh thyme. Put coated chicken breasts in the marinade & marinate at least 3 hours or over night. Grill 6-8 minutes per side depending on thickness of breast.

**my notes- I have used dried thyme & lemon juice out of a bottle, but if you can use fresh- way better. Also if you don't want a dried out chicken breast, honestly I have found 8 min. per side even for thick breasts usually cooks this through- as long as your grill is hot. If in doubt, cut into it for pinkness after the 16 minutes. Most cook books will give you a fresh to dried herb ratio also the juice of 1 lemon is about 3 TBSP.

Sprinkle cooked breasts with 3 TBSP of fresh parsley before serving- this is optional & I have never done it.

If you want a good chicken sandwich melt your favorite cheese on top of it.

Enjoy.

Photobucket

0 comments: