Monday, June 9, 2008

No Bake Chocolate Cookies


(from my mother-in-law)
These are Bryan's favorites


Ingredients

3 cups instant rolled oats
2/3 cup peanut butter (creamy)
1/2 cup milk
2 tsp. vanilla
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup stick margarine
1/3 cup baking cocoa

Directions

In saucepan melt together milk, butter, cocoa, and sugar.
Heat until reaches a low boil for 2 minutes. (Stir constantly)
Remove from heat. Add vanilla and peanut butter to chocolate mixture.
Add this mixture to the oats and stir until coated.
Scoop by teaspoon onto wax paper to cool.
Store in an air tight container.

2 comments:

Pegsy said...

I was actually wondering if I could find a recipe for these with peanut butter!! I will try them soon!

GE is me said...

Karen, thanks for posting these! Three toddlers & I made these this afternoon. They came out yummy, the girls had fun & I actually ended up w/about 4 1/2 doz. I know I'll be making this again. My only concern is the butter- am I using 1/2 cup which = 1 stick of butter/margarine? or more?
Thanks again! Gail